Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Time for a Change


I have to admit, I never thought Facebook would become what it is today.  I often am terribly disappointed in the content friends and family deem appropriate and have been considering deleting my account in favor of a family blog for sometime. While I'm not completely ready to walk away from Facebook, I figured I would at least explore the blogging world that seems to be the newest trend in social media.  


I mentioned the idea to Ashley a week or so ago and she said that she too had been toying with the idea of starting a blog but was struggling to come up with a creative blog name and template that she liked.  As it turns out, her struggles became our struggle and coming up with a name we both agreed on was at least as difficult as naming our first child.  I offered up a few dozen names, all of which were quickly shot down.  "Growing Up Gilles" was Ashley's idea and like most things Gilles, I do what she says (and I liked it too). 


While the name was important to us, we figure the content is more important to our readers.  I figure most of what we blog about will be about our family, the farm, and our menagerie, but I won't limit us to just that.  We have lots of other stuff to talk about, too!


5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! I look forward to watching this blog grow. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific idea. Can't wait to read more! Love, Em/Aunt Emmy/Dudute

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I look forward to reading the updates!
    And thank you so much for your hospitality over Thanksgiving weekend. You made me feel like one of the family and I really appreciate it. I'm going up to visit Grandma at the hospital this afternoon and will be sure to pass along your well-wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Added your blog to my Google Reader feed. Looking forward to stalking your adorable fam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lives with us so far away, we can still be a part of what goes on! I too feel facebook is getting away from what was original in staying in touch with family and friends, but am not ready to give it up as it still keeps me connected to those at a distance... Congratulations on the new ring...very nice...yes he definitely deserves a pat on the back!! Tami

    ReplyDelete